Welcome back to climbing at Ajax Rock Oasis. Let’s talk a little about what’s going on here with our post-Covid-19 reopening.
Updated September 13, 2020
Planning your visit to Ajax Rock Oasis:
- Currently the Ajax Community Centre is not fully open to the public. What this means for us is that we’ll have a new entrance. All traffic coming into the climbing facility will need to enter through the main/east entrance only.
- Upon entering, inform the ACC staff that you’re in the facility to visit rock climbing and they’ll allow you entry.
- We are not requiring pre-booking, but we do have a capacity limit. We have a widget on our webpage to display the current occupancy.
- Visits to the climbing gym are 120 minutes in length. If it happens that we’re not busy, patrons are welcome to stay until we hit capacity.
- All visitors will be asked health-related questions prior to entry. If you have any health symptoms which could possibly be related to Covid-19 (cough, fever, difficulty breathing, etc), we ask that you do not visit us.
- All visitors will be required to wear a mask while they visit us.
Covid-19 Facility Policy/Expectation Changes:
- Please sanitize before entering the climbing gym.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the gym. We ask that climbers sanitize before and after climbs to protect both themselves, as well as other patrons.
- We will expect patrons to maintain a 6′ distance between themselves and people not in their party. We ask that you leave a two-rope buffer between yourselves and other patrons.
- Due to occupancy limits in our small space, we will be allowing only one parent or guardian to accompany a minor.
- Spectators will not be permitted entry at this time.
- There is a directional flow marked out in the gym. Please abide by it.
- Please limit the time you spend in space-limited areas like at the cubbies.
- Sanitization will be regularly happen throughout the day. Holds cannot be cleaned, but we will do our best to sanitize all shared spaces.
- Rentals of shoes and harnesses will be available. Harnesses will rest for 2 days between use, and shoes will be sanitized with isopropyl alcohol between uses. Chalk rental will be unavailable, but balls will be available for purchase.
- Use of chalk buckets will be temporarily suspended. Loose chalk will be permitted but highly discouraged. We ask that if you’re able to switch to balls or liquid, it would be beneficial.
- Outdoor shoes will not be permitted on any climbing surface.
- Bathrooms and fountains will be available.
- Fitness equipment will be unavailable.
- Food will not be permitted in the climbing gym.
- Lessons will temporarily be unavailable.
- All active memberships were frozen as of March 14 and nobody has been billed since.
- Prepaid memberships will be activated either: upon your first visit, or on October 14, whichever comes first.
- For month-to-month members: the same thing goes, memberships will be activated on your next visit or by October 14, after which we will resume your normal billing schedule.
- If for some reason you need us to freeze your membership longer, please get in touch with us directly after we reopen.
- Members will be subject to the same rules and requirements as any visitor to the gym including masks, sanitization, distancing, and visit time.
We appreciate your patience as we try to navigate reopening during Covid-19. Let’s all work through this together!