Welcome back to climbing at Ajax Rock Oasis. Let’s talk a little about what’s going on here with our post-Covid-19 reopening.
Updated May 30, 2022
Planning your visit to Ajax Rock Oasis:
- The Ajax Community Centre has reopened to the public to a mostly normal experience. You can now enter through any entrance doors into the facility (main entrance, arenas, etc), however, the main doors are your best bet!
- As of March 1, 2022, the Ajax Community Centre no longer requires proof of vaccination for entry. All patrons are able to enter the building without any additional steps.
- Pre-booking is still required for: all introductory and refresher lessons.
- We will accommodate walk-ins as much as we’re able to, however, you may be turned away in above listed situations.
- We currently are not limiting your time in our space. If you do happen to book a visit, there will not be a time limit for the end of your session.
- All visitors will be required to wear a face mask during their visit, including while climbing. This rule will expire on June 1st.
Covid-19 Facility Policy/Expectation Changes:
- Please sanitize before entering the climbing gym.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the gym. We ask that climbers sanitize before and after climbs to protect both themselves, as well as other patrons.
- While social distancing is absolutely recommended at all times, our continued use of masks in all spaces in the climbing gym are meant to keep people safe regardless of distancing.
- Due to our small space, we are still limiting spectator space.
- Spectators are welcome to watch from the upper windowed hallways.
- Please limit the time you spend in space-limited areas like at the cubbies.
- Rentals of shoes and harnesses will be available. Sanitization with Vital Oxide OR resting for minimally two full days will continue to happen after each use.
- Use of any kind of chalk is acceptable in our space.
- Outdoor shoes will not be permitted on any climbing surface.
- Bathrooms and fountains are available.
- Fitness equipment are unavailable.
- Food will not be permitted in the climbing gym.
We appreciate your patience as we try to navigate reopening during Covid-19. Let’s all work through this together!